Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our baby



We are happy to say that we finally got to go home!! YEAH, I was so sick of staying in the hospital. But Kendall finally got out of the NICU on Sunday evening and got to spend the night with us in our room. It went great and so we got to take her home on Monday. We already love her so much and are so thankful that she is healthy and perfect.

So a little bit of what happened....on Wednesday night my water broke, but I wasn't sure if that's what really happened. So I decided to just wait the night and see what happened. On Thursday morning we decided to go to the hospital to get checked out, I didn't really think that my water had broken so we didn't bring anything with us, I figured we'd be back home in a couple of hours. But at the hospital they did a test and said that my water had in fact broke and that we would be staying to have the baby. They got me all ready, started my IV and pitocin, I got my epidural when I was around a 3 and was lucky enough to not really feel a thing the whole time. Actually I was pretty comfortable the whole day, I pushed for about 45 min and then at 6:20 pm Kendall joined us. I was pretty much in shock the whole day and still am, but am trying to take it all in one day at a time. She had some trouble breathing and so they took her immediately down to the NICU, then they thought she had some reaction to the antibiotics that I had to be on, who know...but she is better now and we feel so blessed that she has joined our family.











13 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Thanks for the pictures! Glad everything worked out and you are HOME! She is cute! By the way, that picture of Lance sitting on the couch is great. He for sure looks like a new dad: tired. BUT maybe he's not?! I hope you are feeling good Ariel!

Belinda Osborn said...

Congrats!! She is so beautiful! I am glad everything is ok. Enjoy your little bundle of joy because they grow up sooooo fast. You will be such a great mom! Goodluck and welcome to parenthood!

Kira Jay said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you are both doing well and home now! She is beautiful!!

Crystal said...

so so cute. She is a doll. I am so happy for you two. way to go new mom...you will be the best mom.

Lauren Perry said...

She is just too darling for words! I love all of the hair :) Good job mama :) Hey, if you want me to fix your blog now, send me an email with your login, password, and maybe a cute family pic for the header :)

Melissa S. said...

I love all the whites and greens she's wearing. It's so funny you didn't know the gender before she came!!!! I bet you are all glad to be home finally! She has sooo much hair, and I'm jealous! I hope YOU'RE feeling well. Sounds like the labor, etc. went perfectly. Awesome.
Oh yea, you probably better get your "9 days to go" thing for your baby gone!!! I can't believe she came so early!

Tiana said...

Congratulations Ariel! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad to hear that you and Kendall are doing well. It has to be so crazy to experience something like having a baby because it is all totally new! I am amazed at how women do it all! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

ariel she is beautiful!! Glad you are all home!

Dan and Dee said...

whew, she is doing well, and she is HOME! she looks so loved! Even the dog seems to approve!
So glad all is well.

byronandniki said...

Ya! She is beautiful! I'm glad everything went well and you are feeling okay. I'm so happy for you! Hopefully mine goes as good!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

She is a beautiful baby. Congrats and welcome home. It's always nice bringing you baby home and getting started with your new life together. I'm glad she and you are doing well.

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

Love, Love, Love. She is beautiful. Congrats.

Clark Family said...

AWWWW she is sooo pretty! Kade was in the NICU sooooo scary but it is so great when you go home! i think people take that for granted! hope yall are getting some sleep!!