Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wahington DC

We really did it, we ran a marathon!! Woo hoo! We had a great time in Washington, it was a perfect weekend for 26.2 miles. We spent a couple of days seeing the sights and eating good food, then on Sunday we had our race. I'll be honest it was pretty tough, but I'm so glad lance ran with me. It gets pretty boring running that long. Becca ran it too, and we are soo proud of her...she qualified for the Boston marathon. Lance and I were not quite that ambitious, but we finished and we did pretty good for our first time. I think I prefer the half marathons, but I really think that everyone should try to do a whole one at least once :) Here's a few pictures from our trip. I thought I took more, and now that I realize I didn't I'm really mad at myself. But at least we got a few good ones....

Kendall at Arlington Cemetary
Me, kendall and Connie (lance's mom)


Going to the expo to pick up our packets, it was crazy. But I guess with 30,00 runners things do tend to get out of hand.

We tried to go a little sightseeing....On Pennsylvania Ave, Lance eating as usual
In front of the white house. Who knew you had to arrange a tour with your congressman months in advance to get any closer than this.

At the Washington Monument
Looking at the Lincoln memorial and reflecting pool.

5 comments:

Lauren Perry said...

Good for you guys! That is amazing!

Kira Jay said...

Congrats on completing your marathon! That's awesome! Kendall is such a doll, shes so cute!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Great Job ! IM proud of you , maybe one day before I turn 30 ! I didn't know that about the whitehouse tour stuff either. Crazy ! Glad you had fun- love ya !

Miss(Michelle) said...

WOwzers!!! A marathon?? I could run one if a bear was chasing me...okay maybe not even then...I would just let it eat me.
But yAY for you. I tried to jog 7 miles yesterday with 2 nuggets in tow and only got 3 miles before I had 2 flat tires and 2 heavy kids. Oh well.
You are my hero.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Wow that is so awesome you ran that marathon! Way to go Becca for qualifying for Boston. I think that is great. I'm peronally sticking to the 1/2 marathons. I don't know if I'll ever feel the need to run a full. Maybe I'll take your advice and run it one time in my life though.