Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend one of Lance's good friends that he played baseball with invited us to Virginia to stay in a huge house and just hang out for the weekend. The drive was about 4 hours, and we ended up going just a little outside of Roanoke but it was well worth it. It is still so pretty here with all the leaves changing, so we actually really enjoyed the drive and just looking around at everything.

The house was huge and was right on the lake so we spent most of our time out on the water in the boats and just relaxing in the sun. I guess I never realized how nice it is to just get away even for a weekend, we came back well fed, and well rested and ready for this week. And I think that we need to take more weekend trips...sorry Lance :)


Tate trying to soak up some sun in the kayak

Us in the paddle boat

7 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Oh my gosh !! Tate is huge ! What in the world Im getting old ! Sounds like fun. We got our first real snow of the year- 1in that stuck and the kids played in it this morning...Ugh- is it spring time yet ?

Kate said...

Fun!! Take TONS of those getaways before the lil' one comes!! I'm with Cyn---is it spring yet? We got about 5" this morning. Yuck is right.

Dan and Dee said...

Lewis and JJ LIVE for those get aways...they are so refreshing. It's fun you got to go to such a great sounding place and get pampered!
I thought that was Tate-I didn't realize he had come to stay awhile with you.
Did Switzerland not agree with him? Some places have no youth and it is tough...
How are your parents liking the assignment?
So many questions.
Kacie looks like a fun mom and her baby is darling!
Tell me more...

Boydston Family said...

all these weekend getaways and no visit to me, tear. There is no snow here like those other chicks who have commented, so come see me..

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sounds like a great weekend! You should take a LOT of trips...especially before the baby comes. :)

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

Gosh you two have fun together. I am so glad that you are so happy.

bettijo @ PagingSupermom.com said...

this is the BEST time of year to go to Virginia... your post made me even more homesick for our old hometown! --bettijo